In addition to clubs and the acclaimed beaches and coves, Ibiza hides a ton of spots and experiences that you cannot miss out on if you want to your trip to be unforgettable. Below we give you a sneak peak of the 5 best excursions you can go on with your family and friends. Get the camera ready and get your selfie game on! Your social media followers will be green with envy when they see the photos of you in these places!
- Can Marçà caves. Caves over 100,000 years old that have seen ice ages and tropical heat waves, and are currently almost fossilised, except in the deepest galleries where the dripping water continues to form beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. A feast of nature for the eyes
- Es Canar Hippy Market, in Santa Eulalia. The island´s original hippy market par excellence, created in the 70s by a group of Hippies. A brightly-coloured market full of life, where you can find various one-off items, as well as a variety of different shops dedicated to the art of thetattoo and piercing. Every Wednesday until 6 in the evening!
- Mercadillo Hippy Las Dalias, in San Carlos. Located on km 12 of the carretera de San Carlos, it started to gain renown in the 80s because of the creation of recording studios in a nearby town, which attracted the attention of famous musicians and artists such as Mike Oldfield and the Rolling Stones. There are 2 key days to visit Las Dalias: Every Saturday and Wednesday in the summer.
- Pirate Tower. The highest watchtower on the coast of Ibiza gives you magnificent views and the best perspective of the islet of Es Vedrà, a scenic symbol of Ibiza and framework for the famous sunsets. An essential trip for little and large alike, where in addition to taking a walk around, you´ll fall in love all over again.
- Trip to Formentera. This incredible island is considered by many as the "last paradise of the Mediterranean" and is worth a visit. Besides the actual experience of sailing to it by boat, once you’re there you´ll be dazzled by its incredible beaches and excellent beach bars where you can have a refreshing drink and satiate your appetite.
You’ll be surprised by the hippy culture and the Mediterranean sea on any of these trips. You´ll leave with a different kind of memento that you can share with your friends and family.